It seems like every time we turn around there’s a new farmers market popping up in Pinellas County. Hitting the market is a great way to support local, independent businesses and get the freshest produce, meat and prepared foods, like empanadas, crepes, pies, gourmet popsicles, fresh baked breads and pastas of all shapes and sizes. You’ll also find many handmade goodies, like jewelry, bags, garden decor and skin care products.
One of our favorite market vendors, Maggie on the Move, a food truck serving up mediterranean food with a twist, at the Saturday Morning Market and other venues. We’re proud to be Maggie’s Florida commercial auto insurance provider and protect her red truck wherever it goes. To keep up with her treats and travels, like the Maggie on the Move Facebook page.
Most people in Tampa Bay have heard of the Saturday Morning Market, the largest one-day-a-week market in the southeast United States. The full-size reopens October 6th, but the smaller Williams Park Market is open through August 25th.
However, there are many other markets offering fantastic goods and service through out Pinellas County the rest of the week. Here’s a list of some of our favorite markets.
- Gulfport Tuesday Fresh Market: Open Tuesdays 9am-3pm on Beach Blvd in Gulfport.
- EDGE District Farmer’s Market: Open Wednesdays and Sundays 9am-1pm at 1000 Central Avenue in downtown St. Petersburg.
- Azalea Community Fresh Market: Open Saturdays 9am-2pmat the Azalea Recreation Center, 1600 72nd Street N in St. Petersburg.
- St. Pete Indie Market: Open 1st Saturday of every month 12pm-6pm on the 600 Block of St. Petersburg.
- Largo’s Open Air Market: Reopens on Sept. 22nd, Saturdays 9am-2pm at the Largo Community Center, 400 Alternate Keene Rd
- Summer Time Farmer’s Market: Open Saturday Aug 18th and Sept 22nd 9am-1:30pm at John Wilson Park, 401 Main Street in Safety Harbor